Wednesday 4 January 2017

My Experience with Aviva Car Insurance.

Hi there everyone, if you are a regular visitor to this site you will generally be looking for some down to earth insurance advice. Well I have had many years of giving out insurance advice via my full time jobs, but like many of you I have not had to actually make many claims. Now as you know I am not one to preach about taking out one insurance policy over the other, this is because of the key reason that if you follow my general principles you will be aware that finding the best insurance often comes around as a combination of a number of factors. These factors are:

Price of Cover
Included Extras
Cost of Extras
Cost of Excess
Quality of Customer Service
Ease of Purchase
After all these conditions have been considered you will make your purchasing decision, last year for my car insurance and used Aviva Car insurance and for the first time ever I am able to comment on an insurance companies service from start to finish based on my own personal experience rather than hearing about it from some other source.

Basically I was the victim of one of my worst nightmares in the sense that I was the victim of a night time car key burglary, where theives broke into my house whilst me and my family were asleep upstairs. They stole some electical stuff from downstairs and made off in my car and my brothers car, fortunately they did not disturb us and no one was hurt.

My next action after contacting the Police was to contact my insurance so I called Aviva and let them know what had happened, obviously I was quite shook up but I guess the call handler was used to this kind of call first thing in the morning. They were very reassuring and gave me some instructions which were also emailed to me in case I forgot anything and they assured me not to worry as they would handle everything. Anyway 2 days later I had a call from the Police to say my car had been recovered about 80 miles away and would be taken to their recovery agent for forensics before being released to my insurance company.

As time moved on about 10 days after the car being recovered I had confirmation the car could be assessed by the insurance company, Aviva then inspected the car and gave me a call to explain the car was in a bad way but it was only cosmetically damaged and could be repaired. This was a wierd feeling as at the time I did not want to have the car back knowing it had been damaged so badly, unfortunately this was beyond my control so my car got sent to Aviva’s repair centre which ironically was only 500 meters from where I work. After waiting for all the parts to be delivered and the locks to be changed and the body work to be completed I got my car back about 8 weeks after it originally got stolen. All the way through the process Aviva’s theft team were easy to contact and were always reassuring, the only thing I would advise is to take out courtesy car cover as without public transport I really would of struggled to get to work.

Because of this positive service I ended up staying with them for this years car insurance even though they were not the cheapest option, I would also consider them for their Aviva Life Insurance and Aviva home insurance when my renewal is due for those products.

No comments:

Post a Comment