Wednesday 7 December 2016

What is temporary car insurance and how can it help you.

As a car owner there are a couple of things that you will have to sort out every year to ensure you are able to legally drive on the road firstly there is Car tax but then there is your car insurance. Which ever way you think about things both costs are equally annoying yet essential for any motorist, take your car insurance for example without the right type of cover when things go wrong you can cause yourself some very unnecessary costs. In fact it was about 6 months ago when I found out a small inconvenience after having to make my first ever insurance claim. Temporary car insurance

Basically what happened was that my policy did not have a courtesy car cover that was my fault as I hadn’t at that point in 10 years of motoring ever have some one break into my house and steal my car keys to take my car off my own driveway. This left me in a situation where I was without a car but still had to get to work, until I could sort out other arrangement I relied on public transport and lifts from friends and family. Then a colleague mentioned if I had tried speaking to an insurance company to arrange temporary car insurance , in all honesty I hadn’t heard about temporary car insurance but my colleague explained that if I still had access to a car I could arrange with an insurance company some temporary cover until I got my car back from the accident repair centre.

Being able to arrange temporary car insurance helped me out loads and in order to get cheap temporary car insurance all you need to do is shop around a bit after asking your current insurance cover provider if they could cover you on a separate vehicle until your vehicle is ready to be picked up. Of course there are other uses for temporary car insurance for example if your planning a road trip with your mates you could get temporary insurance on your best friends car even if you are under 21 temporary car insurance under 21 years of age is available even though you will have to pay a enhanced premium to cover the inexperience of the insured driver.

Hopefully by reading this bit of advice you will be able to see that temporary car insurance is a very useful product that is available from most insurance companies who will offer temporary car insurance for young drivers and also much more experienced drivers as well for a range of special circumstances.

No related posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment